Don’t miss your chance to join us for our exciting Lunch and Learn education program on April 28, 2010. Earn 3 L Cerps by signing up and attending this live online session.
Can’t make it for the live webinar? You can still earn Cerps by ordering the webinar on CD and watching at your convenience. Click here for a list of recorded webinars.
Barbara Robertson, BA, MA, IBCLC, RLC
United States Lactation Consultant Association
Please note that this program is scheduled for 3 hours and has been approved for 3 Lactation specific CERPs
Wednesday April 28, 2010
“Assessment and Treatment of Tongue-tie” by: Alison K. Hazelbaker, PhD, IBCLC, RLC
Dr. Hazelbaker has been a therapist for nearly 27 years. She specializes in cross-disciplinary treatment and to that end has taken training in several modalities to best assist her clients. She is a certified Craniosacral Therapist, a Lymph Drainage Therapy practitioner, and an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
Her original research on tongue-tie, done in 1993, has changed clinical practice both in the USA and abroad. (www.tongue-tie.org) She authored the Assessment Tool for Lingual Frenulum Function (ATLFF) during her Master’s Degree program. The ATLFF remains the only research-based tongue-tie screening process in infants under 6 months. People recognize her as an expert on infant sucking issues and the treatment of same. As an innovator, she invented the Hazelbaker™ FingerFeeder to address these sucking problems.
She recently revised her Master’s thesis on tongue-tie into a comprehensive book on the condition: Tongue-tie: Morphogenesis, Impact, Assessment and Treatment for Hale Publishing. (www.iBreastfeeding.com.) Her doctoral dissertation “Toward a Unified Theory of Healing: a Grounded Theory Study” was nominated for the Marvin B. Sussman Award for Academic Excellence. She is currently revising it into a book. She co-authored Coming Back from the Border: Adult Children Reclaim their Authentic Selves from The Borderline Personality Disorder Dynamic with Dr. Laura Hausman.
1. The learner will be able to define tongue-tie.
2. The learner will be able to discuss proper assessment of tongue-tie.
3. The learner will be able to describe the various treatment approaches.
4. The learner will be able to describe the political issues currently surrounding tongue-tie assessment and treatment.
Course Details (Please note that this program is scheduled for 3 hours and has been approved for 3 Lactation specific CERPs)
Start Time: 2pm Eastern, 1pm Central, 12pm Mountain, 11am Pacific
180 min (3hrs) Program
3 L Cerps awarded for participating
(Certificates will be emailed to participants)
USLCA Members $40.00, Non-members $55.00, Group 2-10 $70.00 per group, groups of 10 or more $95.00 per group.
Registration Deadline is April 27th 2010 at 12:00 noon Eastern time.
Click here to sign up today to attend “Assessment and Treatment of Tongue-tie”
How to sign up for a USLCA Webinar
1. Download the sign up sheet for the appropriate webinar.Click here for list of scheduled webinars. Submit your sign up sheet and payment information to our headquarters using these options:
Attention: USLCA Webinar
email ScottSherwood@uslcaonline.org or
by fax 919-459-2075
2. You will then receive an email invitation to register for the webinar. Please complete this as soon as possible. You will not be able to sign on to the webinar until this registration is submitted, and approved.
3. You will then receive an email confirmation with link to join the webinar. If you have not received your email confirmation with your link to join the webinar 12 hr prior to the webinar beginning please contact us as we will not be able to resolve any issues with registration after that.
If you have any questions please contact us at any time for assistance.